Maybe it has already happened to you, or maybe you just want to be prepared for the inevitable, but knowing how to change a flat tire is something that you will be thankful you know how to do when it happens to you. Hopefully you can avoid this situation by getting your car serviced regularly and having the tires looked at but sometimes a flat tire is unavoidable.
There are some items that you want to keep in you car so that you are prepared for when the flat tire happens. These items include: A flashlight, fix-a-flat spray foam, wrench, tire gauge, and tire blocks.
Here are the steps that you will need to follow:
- Find a safe spot to pull over.
- Turn on your hazard lights.
- Use the wrench to loosen the lug nuts.
- Use the jack to lift the vehicle off the ground.
- Remove the lug nuts and take the tire off.
- Place the spare on the car.
- Put the lug nuts back on.
- Lower the car back to the ground.
- Pack up your stuff and you’re done!
Want more information on service and maintenance tips and tricks? Check out the Mountaineer Lincoln website.