Do you know how to jump start your car? It’s best to learn now, before it is too late. Here are the basic steps to jump start a car:
- Call a friend or make friends with a kind driver nearby that is willing to help.
- Grab your jumper cables, which – take note – you will want to have purchased and in your trunk ahead of time.
- Put both cars in either park or neutral and shut off their ignitions.
- Attach one of the red clips to the positive terminal on your battery and the other red clip to the positive terminal on the other battery.
- Then, attach one of the black clips to the negative terminal on the other battery, and lastly, attach the last black clip to an unpainted, metal surface on your car.
- Try to turn on your vehicle.
This should solve your problem, and as long as you drive around for a bit without turning off your car again, your battery should be good to go. To learn more or for more tips, visit us anytime at Mountaineer Lincoln.