Thanksgiving is just around the corner here in Beckley. That means families can enjoy a hearty feast of everyone’s feathered friend: the turkey. However, there may be some things you didn’t quite know about this big old bird. Here is a list of 5 surprising facts about turkeys.
- Benjamin Franklin never voted for the turkey to be the national bird. He merely stated that it was a more majestic bird than the Bald Eagle. America disagreed.
- Male turkeys have a stretch of flesh over their beak, which is called a snood. Females lack this snood over their beak.
- In order to attract a mate, male turkeys will spread their wings and puff out their chest, similarly to a peacock.
- Wild turkeys are able to reach speeds of up to 55 mph when they fly through the air.
- Turkeys can have up to 6,000 feathers. Imagine having to pluck all those out before you could eat one!
From our family at Mountaineer Lincoln to yours, Happy Thanksgiving!
Lincoln vehicles have always been some of the most luxurious on the road. One of the most refined Lincolns was the Lincoln Continental. Lincoln is revisiting that legacy of excellence with its Lincoln Continental Concept.
The Lincoln Continental Concept is the culmination of Lincoln’s forward thinking and advanced design. First and foremost, it looks amazing. The design team behind the new Continental has been able to merge the refinement of a Lincoln with the future of automotive vehicles. The result is a car that looks like it traveled from the future.
Inside, the vehicle is just as breath-taking. The design shows an advanced display that collects all the conveniences of modern technology and groups them together. The interior work is also defined by the signature expert craftsmanship you have come to expect from Lincoln.
You can sign up to be sent updates on the progress of the concept vehicle. However, Mountaineer Lincoln will keep you updated on its status as well, right here at this blog.